Tetrax introduces a new concept in car mounts. Pairing strong small magnets with corresponding adhesive chips, these mounts provide a strong grasp of your device and the magnets are completely shielded by the metal chips. We were impressed with the holding capability of the XWAY mount as it held our TomTom XXL in place with no problem. The mounting kits include the mount and adhesive chip for the back of your device. We like the simple approach to attaching the device then removing it. Much less effort than practically anything else on the market. Manufactured in Italy, these are nice quality mounts.
There are a few different lines from Tetrax:
- XWAY – for heavier items such as GPS devices up 300 grams (10.5 ounces). This would include most units that have a 3.5, 4.3 and 5 inch screen size. These also make excellent smartphone mounts. This fits on your car air vent
- FIXWAY – also for heavier devices up to 300 grams. These use 3M adhesive disks for your car dash.
- FIX – a lighter weight version for devices up to 150 grams (5.25 ounces). These are for smartphones, iPhones, iPod, Nano, etc. This is the dash version.
- EGO – also for lighter devices. This is the vent version of the FIX.
- XCASE – a nice idea. Incorporates the metal chip into a custom case. These are available for the iPhone only.